Friday, March 5, 2010

"Food For Thought" Friday

I'm really in no mood to update anyone today on my diet progress, I have come to a stand still this week and am really bummed about it! I haven't had much desire to "workdown" a whole lot this week since the weather has been so nice for a change. Instead of 60 minutes of P90X, (most days this week), I have gone walking outside w/ Jaxon. He isn't much of a speed walker but the change from indoor to outdoor exercise has been amazing! I guess there's a chance of rain in our forecast next week so I'll be back indoors working on the weight I haven't lost this week!


I have a delicious recipe to share today that works well for both breakfast and snack. Breakfast is a meal that I struggle to keep creative with. We seem to have a lot of the same and that tends to get old after awhile. Since it is one of my favorite meals I have been exploring different ways of keeping it exciting and this little number is good to the last drop!


Banana-Blueberry-Peach Smoothie

Ingredients:

2 Bananas

1 cup frozen peaches

1 Dannon Light & Fit Blueberry Yogurt (4 oz.)

a shot of skim milk

Cut your bananas into pieces, add the frozen peaches, yogurt and the shot of milk and blend!
I sort of just threw this together this morning because I was needing to get rid of two bananas that were getting brown. But it ended up being really good and Jaxon LOVED it!
A entire cup adds up to only 165 calories so I still had room for oatmeal and coffee and Kent & Jaxon enjoyed theirs w/ waffles and sausage links. Jaxon wasn't able to finish all of his this morning so he is finishing it up this afternoon for snack!

No comments: