Sunday, October 3, 2010

Correct Me If I'm Crazy

Since becoming a Mommy I have been much better about my procrastinating... I plan better, love research and spend way too much time doing it and start a project 10 months in advance because I want to! I can't even tell you how many times I've been told that this will change when "Baby" arrives and to be quite honest, this annoys me! I know things are going to change... let me deal w/ it peacefully!

And so, the procrastination has already started setting in... starting with the birthday party planning. Normally at this point in the game I would have already done a practice cake, this time I don't even have the food color I need to decorate the cake with. I am struggling with the possibility that my useless hand is going to keep me from doing what I want to do and that makes me not even want to start the project.

The other matter that is stressing me to the max at this point is the food. Again, normally, at this point I have the menu planned and the food bought. But this time I am still trying to decide what to fix! I always think that everything on the menu should go with the theme and while cute, this doesn't always work for the crowd that I plan to serve. I am also very budget conscious and while ordering 10 pizzas from Pizza Hut sounds like the best option, the price is obviously not!

I still need to buy a gift, order a pinata (Jaxon is now requesting one after my nephew's party yesterday), finish the decorations, stuff the favor bags, make the cake and freeze it so I can decorate it and correct me if I'm crazy here but the party is less than a week away now! Oh, did I mention that we are having a party with the school friends on Wednesday, serving snacks at the field trip on Thursday, that I have a Dr.'s appointment this week and the library books are due?! And instead of working on all of these projects... here I sit blogging about it! What's wrong with this picture?!

No comments: