Sunday, November 1, 2009

Costume Creation

Costumes, up until this year, have been pretty easy for me to find! The first year we were given a costume as a gift from Jaxon's Papa & Grandma Welch, that year he went as Superman. The next year my Mom came across a really cute farmer costume and last year he went as a football player.

This year, Jaxon was very admit about being a certain carnivore from the Jurassic period... Buddy (the t-rex) from PBS's new cartoon, Dinosaur Train! After discovering there were no premade costumes and that I would have to come up with this on my own, I began searching through his closet for an all orange outfit. Since I am no seamstress, I knew I would more than likely need to go another route and by another route I mean construction paper and duct tape! It turned out to be a pretty inexpensive costume, I paid $6.50 total and that was because I ended up buying the orange hat!

I am pretty proud of what I was able to come up with and even though no one else knew who he was supposed to be, he did and that's what matters most!

2 comments:

Suzy Shoup said...

So cute! Again, I so wish I had your artistic ability! (and did your hubby go to A&M? Did you marry a Texas boy too?)

Amanda said...

I did marry a Texas boy too, he's from the Dallas/Fort Worth area! He didn't go to A&M but after their loss to State this year, he felt a strong need to show his support for his roots!