Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Butt Scratching Demo

I just had to share this this morning while it is still fresh in my mind!

Yesterday afternoon, Jaxon and I were busy mopping the floors and washing the bedding. I mentioned earlier in my blog that I was going to try extra hard this year to be more attentive. Housework was sort of taking my focus off Jaxon a little more than I like, but he seemed to be enjoying dumping the laundry detergent in the washing machine and holding the dustpan, so I continued on with my work.

We were just finishing up with putting the bedding back on my bed when Jaxon did something that took me by total surprise!

Jaxon - "Mommy, do you know how dogs scratch their buns?"
Me - "Yes! Do you?!"
Jaxon - "Yeah - I show you!"
Me - "Oh yeah? Let's see!"

At this point, Jaxon gets down on his bare buns (because he had to take his pants off to show me this), and starts pulling his little cheeks across the bedroom floor!!! I was only paying half attention at the begining of this conversation... but FULL attention during the demonstration!

Being attentive really paid off this time! I'm so glad that my housework didn't keep me from witnessing this hillarious act. I needed a good laugh, and I got just that!

No comments: