Saturday, January 2, 2010

Childhood is a Journey

For Christmas last year, I received a book from my Mom titled Training Up a Little Guy - Inspiration and Wisdom for Raising Boys. This book is filled w/ great life lessons to pass on to your youngster. With Christmas behind us for another year, this book got me thinking, giving a gift to your child is enjoyable... but the gift of good character lasts a lifetime!

This year I plan to be more Attentive, teach better Obedience, be more Truthful and Thankful. I plan to be more Generous, Orderly, Forgiving and more Responsible. I want to try harder to be more Patient, Self-Controlled and Creative. I'd like to be more Diligent, Loyal and Loving. I will try harder to be more Determined, more Compassionate and to pass Wisdom onto my child while gaining more myself!

Like Motherhood, Childhood is a journey! One filled with learning and love! Follow me on our journey this new year!


Boys are found everywhere - on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older brothers and sisters tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.

- "What Is A Boy?" PAMPHLET DISTRIBUTED BY THE NEW ENGLAND LIFE INSURANCE CO.

No comments: