Monday, February 14, 2011

A Delicious Valentine's Day Surprise

For Valentine's Day my Mom always tries to do something extra special for us girls... probably because she knows that our husbands are a lot like her own! Last year my sister-in-law, Traci, and I got flowers. It was set up for them to be delivered, which in the country is a big deal! It was really muddy much like it is this year and the florist needed directions to each of our homes. Instead of calling my Mom for directions, the florist called Traci & I but didn't tell us who the delivery was going to be from. Instinctively, I knew the flowers were not from my husband... and he made that perfectly clear when I told him about the phone call from the florist!!! If he were a smarter man, he would have gone with it and played it out to seem as though he had a sweet bone left in his body!!!

Anyway, my sister had a basketball tournament the day the flowers were to be delivered in the town that the flowers were to be delivered from, so I told the florist I'd be happy to come pick them up. I told my Dad that I was going to be stopping at the florist's to pick up some flowers and asked if he needed me to do some shopping for Mom. He thought that'd be a good idea! My Mom apparently had the same idea I did about picking up the flowers because as I was paying for her flowers, here came my parents! Surprise blown! Oh well, we both got flowers out of the deal and that's what matters!!!

So this year my Mom decided to do something a little different. Instead of getting something for just us girls, she picked something that each of our family members could enjoy.

Ever heard of a little place called Georgetown Cupcakes?

If you haven't heard of them, check out their hit show DC Cupcakes on TLC! And yes, they are as delicious as they look, maybe even more!!!

My favorite by far are their Red Velvet cupcakes... to try them yourself, click the link below!http://www.georgetowncupcake.com/about.html

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow!!! How neat!!! I have seen that show a couple times and the cupcakes look awesome!!!
Ann