Friday, July 29, 2011

Downward Mom

Jaxon keeps asking me this question... "Mom, what do you like to do?" He asks me this on a daily basis and always seems to beat me to the punchline which leaves me wondering why he even bothered asking in the first place! His answers to his question vary from day to day from everything from reading a book, to taking a nap, to doing Yoga. It's true... I do love all of those things and wish I had more time for all of them unfortunately there never seem to be enough hours in the day.

One thing that I do take time for at least 4-5 times a week these days is Yoga. I'm a very high stress individual and that doesn't always go hand in hand w/ parenting real well as you can imagine! I have found that the breathing tips in Yoga help to relieve an insane amount of pent up frustration that on certain days I'd like to take out not only on the little "angels" but also on my Hubby!

Recently I've noticed the boys trying out a few poses that I do in my "workdowns" (as Jaxon calls it). Max's favorite is "Downward Dog"... it's pretty hilarious to see a nine month old w/ his diapered butt stretched up to the sky! Jaxon changes in and out of poses during my "workdowns" right along with me which make focusing on my balance a real challenge most days.

Today was one of those days that I wished I could go back to my gym membership and hide away from my kids for 2 hours during my "workdown". Not only is it challenging to focus on my balance while trying to keep from laughing at Jaxon's "Triangle" pose but even more so when Max is blowing raspberries on my belly during my "Corpse" pose! Not to mention the kitten who is biting and clawing at my hair all at the same time!

I managed to make it through the "workdown" despite all of my distractions and felt a sense of even more accomplishment after all of that. NAMASTE, Downward Mom!

No comments: