|Snowmen Milk Jug Craft|
Here's what you'll need...
- empty, washed out really good milk jugs (we chose 3 but you could do as many as you like)
- black & red paint
- pipe cleaners (we chose black but you can match the color to your own decor)
- yarn (again match to your decor)
- hot glue gun
- orange construction paper
Here's what you do...
- Save your milk jugs! And like I said before, make sure you wash them out real good, if you don't they will stink! The kids loved this part because I let them do this in the bathtub!
- After your jugs are good and clean, cut a hole in the back of them where the label is to insert your lights. I cut my holes the size of the label.
- Make the yarn earmuffs by folding your yarn in half several times in a bundle and tying a knot around itself. After you've tied the knot, cut the looped ends so the ends stick out. Or any other way you choose! Big, fuzzy pom poms would work too!
- Paint the snowman's eyes and mouth on the jug w/ black paint and give him some red, rosy cheeks.
- Hot glue the pipe cleaner on one side of the jug and hold till it dries. Now hot glue the other side down and again hold while it dries... try not to burn your fingers!
- Glue your earmuffs over the ends of the pipe cleaner, it'll hide any unsightly mess you've made w/ the glue gun!
- Finally, cut out a, orange nose and glue it to your snowman's face.
There you have it... stick your light in the backs and set them out for display!
Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest to check out all the other fun, cheap, kid-friendly craft and gift ideas I'm finding!