Monday, August 15, 2011

Making a BIG Splash


School starts in 2 weeks! I think I'm more excited than Jaxon at this point! Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed most of our Summer Vacation but there comes a time in every young man's life when he's had just about enough "Mommy time" and vice versa!
One of the ways that we've kept from killing, I mean driving each other, I mean staying busy this Summer has been by going swimming. Not only is it great exercises but it's also a great way to waste a few hours in an otherwise boring at-home afternoon!

Jaxon's big thing this Summer has been swimming in the BIG kids pool. Since he hasn't had lessons yet I wasn't sure this idea was a real great one until a friend of mine introduced us to arm floaties... or as I like to call them my lifeline to sanity at the pool! Jaxon thinks these little, plastic, lifesavers are the next best thing to sliced bread!
Max likes to swim too. Even more than swimming though, Max likes the snacks! Here he is enjoying a Chips a Hoy cookie while BIG brother makes a BIG splash!
Jaxon's learning to doggie paddle...
and use his goggles!
I dread telling him that the pool will be closing soon... oh well, PreSchool will be a great distraction!

No comments: